Chicken in Stir Fried Tomato (Ayam Tumis Tomato)
Just during the recent Monday, I was still recovering from blocked nose and cough. I didn't have much appetite but being me, I still wanna eat! Don't think I'm greedy okay. I am not. I just love food a tiny bit more than I love to eat! ;) No, that's not the same as greedy.
So I cooked when I got back from work. Something soury and spicy would definitely jerk my taste bud! I had already asked my kitchen-ing assistant to fry some chicken wings before I got home. So the wings were happily waiting for me to do some magic using my mother's recipe.
This would be a dish fit for any time. When you are lazy or unwell especially and you have to cook something, this dish would be perfect. Even though it is a very simple dish, it is heavenly and would satisfy your taste buds, trust me! Sourish and spicy. A taste just right for anybody, sick or not sick.
I wasn't in the mood to take elaborated photos and I am not a professional photographer. All this while, I have been presenting you the food pictures in the best way I know how to snap them. They are just presented in a "whatever" way or "I am in the mood" way but I hope it still looks good for you!
Let's get to the ingredients:-
2 large onions - finely sliced
2 garlics - finely sliced or chopped
5 red chillies - blended (if you like it more spicy you can add more or mix with some birds eye)
1 packet of chicken wings or any other parts of your choice - marinated with 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder and salt to taste and fried till cooked and set aside
2-3 pieces tamarind peels (depending on how sour you like it, but the more sourish it is, the better the taste)
5 tomatoes - chopped
1 small bowl of water
1 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste
1. Heat oil in pan and add in the blended chillies.
2. Saute for five minutes.
3. Add in the sliced onions and garlics.
4. Saute for a further five minutes.
5. Add in the tamarind peel and saute for another two to three minutes.
6. Add in the bowl of water. Stir.
7. Add in the chopped tomatoes.
8. Add in sugar and salt to taste. You can add a little bit more water if you would like more gravy. Do a taste check if you need to add salt.
9. Continue to saute until fragrant and the mix is slightly thickened.
10. Add in the fried chicken pieces.
11. Fold in the chicken pieces into the stir fried mix.
12. Off fire and serve.
Best eaten with white rice or just as it is. Happy Kitchen-ing!!